1. Grew up in the suburbs in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. Went to UK to study Bachelors in Econs (Accounting & Finance), graduated.
3. Got homesick, went back to Malaysia to start working as an Auditor.
4. Decided to leave Malaysia and go to Singapore for a boy.
5. Spent first year working in Singapore feeling like a complete idiot (first employers said my spreadsheet skills sucked)
6. Spent 2 more years after that determined to prove them wrong, and became a whiz in financial modelling
7. Joined Private Banks and expanded my skills for financial analysis, product management, business management, compliance, ended up heading a team before I decided to call it quits after 15 years of being in Banking
8. Felt like something was missing from life and realised buying endless shoes and handbags didn’t help fill that void.
9. Fell ill after I decided to go on sabbatical. Breast lump scare and appendicitis happened consecutively.
10. Got paranoid, on the brink of depression. Went to see some healers and mental health improved
11. Experienced spiritual awakening. Never felt so alive and awake before this.
12. Started a quest to find purpose in life.
13. Took courses in Personal Training, Craniosacral Therapy and BodyTalk.
14. Launched first business as a BodyTalk therapist.
15. Became a Personal Fitness Trainer at the same time.
16. Decided to go back to work as a Compliance Officer at a Private Bank, while growing BodyTalk business.
17. Attempted to set up community of therapists with BFF, didn’t take off. Covid came soon after.
18. Quit job with the Bank (second time).
19. Decided to offer accounting and business management services to other solopreneurs.
20. Started Astrology courses out of curiosity but was transformed by the end of the courses.
21. Diagnosed with early stage breast cancer and got a double mastectomy.
22. Quit being therapist, business manager and decided to focus on Psychological Astrology.
23. Set up Career and Business advisory / coaching service using Psychological Astrology.
I’m finally feeling more at home with myself.
It’s been quite a journey so far, and it certainly feels as if I’ve been doing more falling over and picking myself up in the last 5 years or so. The learning curve has been steep, and the life lessons have also been pretty intense, but I wouldn’t have done it any other way. Life’s just thrown me a bunch of curveballs but somehow I’ve managed to emerge stronger and more certain of who I am.
Looking back, I don’t regret the paths I’ve chosen along the way. I’ve realised how much I love helping people discover the work (be it a career or business) that they would love to do, and is in alignment with themselves.
If there is a part of you that secretly wished you could do what you love on a daily basis, what would that be?
Book a Discovery call with me today and let’s see if we can help you find out what kind of work brings you joy.